Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So Lonely...

My baby girl is so lonely. She is so starved for friendship. She is so aching for any kind of human contact besides Mama...that every day she stands in the living room and points to the window and says "Up in the 'indow? See peoples?"

Desperate.

Simply to catch a glimpse of another human being besides myself.

That she looks out our fifth floor window, waaaaaay down to the street below, and yells "baby!" every time a stroller rolls by.

When the babysitter arrives...any babysitter arrives...she immediately stands next to her, looks up at me, waves, and says "bye Mama!"

So either I have done something really right. Or I have done something dreadfully wrong.

4 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Aw. She sounds like she's really secure. Nice work.

Scary Mommy said...

It's a really good thing. Trust me- mine won't allow me out of his site and it's beyond exhausting!!

Amanda said...

Devouring each moment, looking for more, there are worse things.

Cheryl Pitt said...

LOL! Really right!!